I’m so happy to be back creating. I’ve had a Christmas Casual Job over the holidays so I’m finally back into it with a colour challenge that really inspired me to design and make a card just for this purpose. The challenge colours for CI#114 were chosen by my Awesome Stampers team mate Lou Kitzelman, inspired by an image of the Maroochydore beach in QLD. As soon as I saw these colours they just screamed at me to get moving and create.
Lou from With a Bow on Top is one of the design members of the Colour Inkspiration Crew. They run twice monthly challenges and are now one of the largest challenge groups around so check them out if you are after some wonderful inspiration and a challenge.
- The colour combination for #CI114 is Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green and Sahara Sand.
- As well as the chosen colours you may also add Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Basic Black and metallics to your project. They also allow ‘Ivory’ and ‘Bronze’ in the Stampin’ Blends
- If you don’t have all the colour palette, can can use the closest SU substitute (ie: Old Olive instead of Granny Apple Green …. etc etc).
- This challenge runs for almost 4 weeks until 7pm (AEST) on Monday 7th February 2022
- Anyone can join in the fun. Just click on the link to join the ColourInkspiraton Facebook Group and the challenge is pinned to the top. You can’t miss it!!.
- You can follow up on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com.au/bronwyneastley/colour-inkspiration-challenges/ and Instagram – #colourinkspirationchallenges
How I Made It!
- I chose a combination of stamp sets (so much fun to do this) which included ‘A Good Man‘, ‘Timeless Tropical’ and the FREE Sale-a-bration set ‘Driving By’
- I stamped the deck chair guy and the Kombi in Stazon on Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper.
- I then watercolored the images with the challenge colours using the fine WaterPainter, adding Sahara Sand for the sand with a Medium Water Painter.
- I inked the Palm Tree image from the Timeless Tropical (one of my old faves) in Granny Apple Green but used a Soft Suede Marker for the trunk, using the Marker technique to get the 2 different colour inks on the one stamp.
- I used the Aloha Die from the coordinating In the Tropics dies and cut 1 of each from Granny Apple Green, Costal Cabana and Sahara Sand Cardstock.
- I used the Layering Squares Dies to cut a Frame to frame the focal Image and chose the Sunshine & Rainbows Sale-a-bration DSP to coordinate. It’s amazing how the flip side of these papers are so different from the Rainbow side and are such very useable designs.
- Inside my card I finished off with some more of the DSP and another Palm Tree.
Seriously!! How cute is that Kombi Van. It is my absolute favourite image from the latest SALE-A-BRATION promotion that Stampin’ Up1 are currently running. If you would like to check out more cute creations with this stamp set pop over to the Driving By Pinterest Board.
This is fabulous for if you are wondering HOW WOULD I USE THAT STAMP SET!! I often do a search by the stamp set name eg SU Driving By to see if I would use a stamp set before purchasing. SO SO OFTEN I am surprised and delighted by the ideas other talented crafters come up with. It can completely change my thoughts as often the sample cards that are in the catalogues aren’t my taste. Try it! I’m sure you will be amazed.
Another fabulous place is the Stampin Up! Instagram Page. Here is where you will see cards by the uber talented Artisan Design Team – AMAZING!1
The new end date for Sale-A-Bration shop, host, and join in the South Pacific is 16 March at 11:59 p.m. (AEDT). See how to get your free products with every $90 order SALE-A-BRATION 2022 PART 1
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.
I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don’t already have a Demonstrator I’d love to be yours.Product List
I would love to update you when I create a post. If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here or fill in the form at the end of this post. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Classes, My travels and all the latest promotions.
Thank you for stopping by. Have an amazing day!
Hugs, Robyn x
MAY 2022 Host Code: NSEQ39Z7
Keep On Stamping With Me
Never Miss a Blog Post – enter your email below to be sent blog posts by email
No spam ever, I promise!