Happy Wednesday everyone. I’m so happy I’ve had a chance to make a card or two this week. To start with, I chose this sketch from the team over at Just Add Ink for their Sketch Challenge #573.
A sketch is a great place to start if you are short on time. I can spend wayyyyy to long on Pinterest deciding on how I’m going to use a stamp set so this sure cuts down the decision making process.
So this week is a sketch challenge but I love that with Just Add Ink there is a different rotating challenge based on one of the following:
1. Colour Challenge
2. Sketch Challenge
3. Alphabet Challenges
4. Choose Two Challenges:
Anyone can join in the fun. Just click on the link to check out Just Add Ink and all the entries in this week’s challenge with this sketch.
I flipped the Sketch around to suit the elements in the Stamp Set.
Awesome Stampers Colour Challenge for September
The second decision was to choose my colours. A snap decision here as I needed to get a card done for my own Awesome Stampers Team Challenge which happened to be a colour challenge this month.
This month it was my turn to choose so I picked this colour combo based on a favourite picture I had saved in my Pinterest Crochet & Knitting Board of all places. However when it came to choosing a stamp set that would work with these colours it wasn’t an easy one hmmm!!
*For the Colour Challenges we are asked to “ONLY” use the challenge colours or as close as possible when creating a project. (Black-White-Vanilla & Metallics may also be added).
I chose the Count On Me Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! as I hadn’t had a chance to use this one yet and I felt the colours would be perfect for a certain little boy who has a birthday coming up!
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla – 14.85 x 21 cm
- Pool Party Layer – 14.85 x 8.5 cm
- Inside Strip – 14.85 x 1.5cm
- Night of Navy Layer – 14.85 x 1cm
- Inside Strip – 14.85 x 1cm
- Very Vanilla square – 6 x 6 cm
- Cinnamon Cider Sentiment
- Small Layered Rectangle die
- Very Vanilla and Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper for stamped images
- Night of Navy Scraps for letters
How I Made It!
- I Dry Embossed the Pool Party layers with the Tasteful Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
- To create the overalls I stamped the bear image onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then took my Night of Navy Stampin Blend and drew lines across the image with the wide tip of the blend.
- P.S I only had the light Navy so I had to use that which is why it looks light but technically it was still Night of Navy 😉.
- I then took a Fine Tip Black Journalling Pen and freehand drew on the overalls and fussy cut them out.
- Tip: This is way easier than it sounds – believe me I can’t draw for nuts but you only have to add in a few lines and ‘Voila’ you have overalls 😄.
- I stamped the same Bear Image on Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper with Black Stazon Ink.
- I watercoloured the bear with Cinnamon Cider ink from the lid of my ink pad with my fine tip Water Painter
- I fussycut the bear and glued on the overalls.
- I then cut out the letters from the Playful Alphabet dies
- Tip: These letters could also be cut out of the Adhesive foam and attached to the die-cut letters
- I just used a navy biro to make the stitching lines on the Vanilla square and stuck this down on the Pool Party layer.
- I adhered the strips to the outside and inside of the card & added a heart that I hand drew onto a scrap of Vanilla and coloured with Cinnamon Cider Ink.
- Finally I heat embossed the sentiment from the Lovely You Stamp Set onto the Cinnamon Cider Rectangle Die with White Embossing Powder
- I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to add height to the sentiment and the bear.
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my project. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips this month. I’ve listed the products I used below, just click on the picture and be taken directly to the product.
I truly appreciate your support, it inspires me to keep crafting and helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running. If you live in Australia and don’t already have a Demonstrator I’d love to be yours.
I would love to update you when I create a post. If you would like to receive an email from me when I do Click Here or fill in the form at the end of this post. You can also subscribe for my newsletter for Classes, My travels and all the latest promotions.Product List
Thank you for stopping by. Have an amazing day!
Hugs, Robyn x
Host Code: F9NJJRGN
Last days of the Sale-a-bration Promotion. See how to get your free products with every $90 order
Keep On Stamping With Me
Never Miss a Blog Post – enter your email below to be sent blog posts by email
No spam ever, I promise!